Visit the largest exhibition of its kind in the world at Whales of Iceland. Marvel at the 23 life-size models of whales that have been spotted in the waters around Iceland. Spend a few hours gaining a new perspective and a greater appreciation for these majestic animals.
Take a leisurely 20-minute walk—or a short drive—from heart of Reykjavík to the harbor, and discover the Whales of Iceland exhibition, which features interactive displays and detailed information about the 23 species of aquatic mammals. You can witness the leviathan of the sea, the blue whale, as it stretches nearly the length of a basketball court.
You have an opportunity to discover the narwhal, the unicorn of the sea, which appears to have a horn or tusk that is actually an elongated tooth. Beluga, humpback, minke, and killer whales are all on the itinerary as you wander around this fascinating venue. After your exploration, feel free to stop by the café to have a drink and a snack beneath the whales.
Please note that the Whale of Iceland exhibition is located close by the harbor, downtown Reykjavik: Fiskislóð 23-25, 101 Reykjavik.
- Please note that the exhibition is located in downtown Reykjavik: Fiskislóð 23-25, 101 Reykjavik.
- The Whale of Iceland exhibition is open from 10:00-17:00.
- The average visit to the Whale of Iceland exhibit is around 1 hour.
- Admittance to the Whale of Iceland exhibition.
- Interactive exploration.
- Virtual reality – swim with the whales with Samsung Gear VR.
- Listen to the sounds of the whales.
- Your camera and your smile
Please note that the whale exhibition is open from 10:00-17:00
Fiskislóð 23-25, 101 Reykjavik