Into the Glacier and more, is a day tour departing from Reykjavik. Into the Glacier, waterfalls and more – just lay back, relax and enjoy the adventure we have prepared for you!
About Into The Glacier Tour and more…
This day tour with Reykjavik Excursions gives you the opportunity to enjoy a day full of adventures, departing from Reykjavik in our comfortable coaches. You will get the opportunity of a life time to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wilderness; Iceland’s second largest glacier – even from the inside! Never before the Langjokull ice caves, has anyone been able to see the beautiful blue ice at the heart of an ice cap glacier. No doubt this will be a truly memorable day.
The drive to Langjokull glacier is very scenic and on the way we make a stop by Hraunfossar waterfalls. “Hraun” in Icelandic means lava and the lava at Hraunfossar waterfalls actually came from one of Langjokul glacier’s volcanic eruptions ages ago. At Langjokul glacier’s edge, special modified glacier vehicles will take care of the ride up to the glacier and to the ice caves – and what a ride it is! On the giant glacier itself you will have time to enjoy the stunning environment and view. The walk INTO the glacier itself takes around one hour and is operated with highly experienced English speaking guides.
During the summer period (June 15th – September 15th) on the way back to town we drive a scenic rout through Kaldidalur highland track and visit the beautiful Thingvellir national park.
Reykjavik – Hraunfossar waterfalls – Hotel Husafell – Langjokull glacier and into the glacier – Reykjavik (+ Kaldidalur highland track and Thingvellir National Park from June 15th – Septemer 15th).
We kindly ask you to be ready for your pick up at 30 minutes before your scheduled departure outside in front of your hotel/guesthouse. Reykjavik Excursions bus will stop in front of your hotel/guesthouse, the bus driver will not look for you inside.
- Day Tour from Reykjavik Into The Glacier with stops on the way
- Tour company: Reykjavik Excursions
- Pick up is 30 minutes before your departure outside at your hotel (please wait outside as the driver does not go in to look for passengers)
- Departure at 9:00/12:00 from Reykjavik Excursions main terminal
- Stop at the spectacular Hraunfossar waterfalls
- Lunch stop at Husafell, about 30 min. from the glacier’s edge (you can buy your own lunch at Hotel Husafell or bring a lunch pack)
- Glacier Tour with specially modified glacier vehicles
- Guided tour in English into the glacier
- About one hour inside the ice caves with guide
- During summer time: Kaldidalur highland track and Thingvellir national park on the way back to Reykjavik
- Estimated arrival back in Reykjavik is around 7pm (19:00)/ 10pm (22:00)
- Ice Cave Adventure day tour with Reykjavik Excursions
- Hotel pick up OUTSIDE the hotel/guesthouse (the drivers do not go inside the hotel)
- During winter period (October – May): Stop at Hraunfossar, Husafell and Langjokull glacier
- During summer period (June 15th – September 15th): Stop at Hraunfossar, Husafell, Langjokull glacier and Thingvellir national park, a drive through Kaldidalur highland track (dependent on road conditions)
- Tour to the ice caves on Langjokull glacier with a specially modified glacier vehicle
- Entrance into the glacier
- English speaking driver/guide/audio guide
- Free WiFi in glacier vehicles
- Drop off at your hotel in Reykjavik
- MANDATORY: WARM CLOTHING – even in summer, don´t forget it’s a glacier!
- Recommended clothing and equipment:
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks. Because cold toes just take away all the fun!
- Base and mid layer clothing
- Waterproof and warm coat
- Hat & gloves – easy to take off.
- Sunglasses – sun on the glacier shines very bright when it shines…
- Camera – for those indescribable moments. We love to see your good time in Langjokull – please share! #intogheglacier
Terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to change the itinerary and the mode of transport/cancel the trip, according to weather or road conditions, or circumstances beyond our control.
- Half price discount for 12-15 years old – does not apply to group bookings
- In the winter time the duration of the tours may vary according to weather and road conditions.