Take a visit to one of Iceland´s famous micro breweries, Steðji. Learn about and taste the local Steðji beer which is brewed out of the pure water from Langjökull.
This visit to Steðji Micro Brewery is a fun way to get to know Icelandic beer culture, see how beer is brewed and taste fine products of the local glacier water brewed beer.
During the approximately 45 minute long visit to the Brewery at Steðji farm all guests, including those who do not drink beer, will get to know how a micro brewery is operated in Iceland in a fun and relaxed way.
Steðji farm is located conveniently on the way to Húsafell, or on your way back from the Into the Glacier tour.
Please note that Steðji brewery is located in Borgarfjörður fjord, at the Steðji farm. There is no pickup included.
Direction: From Reykjavik, head north on road 1 towards Borgarnes for about 70km. Before crossing the bridge to Borgarnes, turn right onto road 50 towards Reykholti. Follow road 50 for about 20kms until you pass a sign for 515, then keep an eye open for a big beer bottle on the right, marking the entrance to the Stedji Brewery. The Brewery is just up the short driveway towards the farm house.
The GPS Co-ordinates are: 64°36’48.9″N 21°29’25.1″W.
Please drink responsibly.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DRINKING AND DRIVING IS PROHIBITED IN ICELAND.
- Drive yourself from Reykjavik (or other starting point) to Steðji Micro Brewery.
- Please use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 to a right turn to Steðji Micro brewery.
- You will see how Icelandic beer is brewed and get to tast the local glacier water beer.
- The tour is around 45 minutes.
- A visit to Steðji Micro brewery
- Guidance and taste of the Steðji brew.
- Your smile and camera.
* Steðji Micro brewery is open from 13:00-17:00.