Depart from Reykjavik in early morning and experience waterfalls and hot springs on the way! Amazing Day Tour Into the Glacier takes you deep into Langjokull glacier for an amazing once in a lifetime adventure.
About Amazing Day Tour Into The Glacier
This day tour with Gray Line Tours is a full day of natural wonders you will never forget, combining the tour’s highlight inside the glacier with other remarkable sights and attractions in the area. Departing from Reykjavik in comfortable coaches, making a stop at Hraunfossar waterfalls and Deildartunguhver geothermal hot spring area, stopping at beautiful Husafell and enjoying the Langjokull glacier both outside and INSIDE! Langjokull glacier is the second largest glacier in Iceland and never before have travellers been able to see the remarkable blue ice at the heart of an ice cap glacier.
The ice tunnels are man-made and composed of an extensive system of tunnels and chambers that strech up to 300 meters into the solid ice cap towards a breathtaking ice cave at the heart of the glacier. There is enough room for everyone and even a chapel to get married! The deeper you go, the bluer the ice. Believe it when you see it. The walk INTO the glacier itself takes around one hour and is operated with highly experienced English speaking guides.
Reykjavik – Hraunfossar waterfalls – Deildartunguhver geothermal hot spring area – Husafell – Reykjavik.
We kindly ask you to be ready for your pick up at 08:00 outside in front of your hotel/guesthouse. Gray Line bus will stop in front of your hotel/guesthouse, the bus driver will not look for you inside.
- Day Tour departing from Reykjavik
- Tour company: Gray Line Tours
- Pick up at 08:00 outside at your hotel/guesthouse. Please wait outside since the driver will not look inside for passengers.
- Departure at 08:30 from Gray Line Bus Terminal
- Check in at Gray Line Bus Terminal 15 minutes before departure time (Holtagarðar 10)
- Stop at the spectacular Hraunfossar waterfalls
- Stop at the unique Deildartunguhver geothermal hot spring area
- Lunch stop at Husafell. (You can buy your own lunch at Hotel Husafell, Husafell Bistro or bring a lunch pack)
- Glacier Tour from the glacier’s edge and up to the tunnels with specially modified glacier vehicles
- Guided tour in English into the glacier
- About one hour inside the ice caves with guide
- Complimentary entrance to the thermal pool at Húsafell.
- Estimated arrival back in Reykjavik is around 18:30
- Into the Glacier Adventure day tour with Gray Line Tours
- Hotel pick up at 08:00 OUTSIDE the hotel/guesthouse (the drivers do not go inside the hotel)
- Stop at Hraunfossar, Deildartunguhver geothermal hot spring area, Husafell and Langjokull glacier
- Tour to the ice caves on Langjokull glacier with a specially modified glacier vehicle
- Entrance into the glacier
- Snowsuits and overshoes can be claimed during check-in.
- Crampons inside the glacier to prevent slipping
- English speaking driver/guide/audio guide
- Drop off at your hotel in Reykjavik
- Free WiFi in glacier vehicles
- MANDATORY: WARM CLOTHING – even in summer, don´t forget it’s a glacier!
- Recommended clothing and equipment:
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks. Because cold toes just take away all the fun!
- Base and mid layer clothing
- Waterproof and warm coat
- Hat & gloves – easy to take off.
- Sunglasses – sun on the glacier shines very bright when it shines…
- Camera – for those indescribable moments – We love to see your good time in Langjokull – please share! #intogheglacier
Terms and conditions
- We reserve the right to change the itinerary and the mode of transport/cancel the trip, according to weather or road conditions, or circumstances beyond our control.
- Half price discount for 12-15 years old – does not apply to group bookings
- In the winter time the duration of the tours may vary according to weather and road conditions.